Sunday, September 5, 2010

And so it begins...

I did it, I went for my first run today. I have taken the first few steps towards my goal of becoming a more active person. I'm trying to keep it low key, so that I don't put any undue pressure on myself - I'm not telling anyone I'm doing this (except a chosen few), I'm not making a big fuss around the house, or in my head - at least not yet. I'm hoping that keeping it basic will help me stay motivated and just make it part of my weekly schedule. I'm using a running program design for those training for the Vancouver SunRun, something I've never done before, and it feels like its really going to help me stay on track by having a bit of guidance and a specific plan. I won't have to think about how long to go or what I should do each time.
This week I'll run two more times, enjoy every moment on my own, and just keep working at it. I'm hoping it will help with my anxiety and give me more energy to keep up with my little man. Maybe it will even make me feel more like myself again, too - whatever that means!

No comments:

Post a Comment